The 'Make It Happen' Office Manager, Social Marketing Strategist, and Event Coordinator Extraordinaire
Executive Office | Greater New York City Area, US
Highly competent and versatile professional who can be trusted with even the most confidential projects. Self-starter and quick-learner who always exceeds expectations. A utility player that’s self driven and dedicated to continuous improvement. Strong technical and communication skills. Fast learner. Aptitude for analyzing, identifying problems, and coming without of the box solutions. Proven ability to take initiative and adapt to changing priorities.
-Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and other graphics and presentation software including Photoshop
-Entrepreneurial and take charge attitude and ability to think outside the box
-Flexible, able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task with flexible work hours
-Develops strong working relationships and superior communication skills with all levels of the organization
-Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget
-Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing written correspondence. Prepares agendas, types memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests, and other department forms and documents
-Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously
-Arranges complex calendars, appointments and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings
-Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel, and research matters
-Exercises tact, judgment, initiative and knowledge of supervisor’s functional area to determine which individual(s) may be handled by subordinate officers and staff
-Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
2015 - Present
Executive Assistant / Sailthru
Processing expense reports.
Organizing materials in relation to meetings: collecting and compiling information and coordinating delivery.
Support with general office administration, including telephone coverage, mail processing & distribution, file set-up & maintenance, ordering office supplies and equipment.
Special projects as required.
Assistant Office Manager / Sailthru
Social Media and Marketing Consultant / Consultant
• 2011 - 2013 Grammys On site social media monitoring and outreach
• 2012-2013 Grammylive.com social media management
• 2010-2011 SXSW for iMeet.com social media engagement
• 2011-2012 Traveled internationally as social media consultant visiting various financial corporations to set up social media teams, training, and development
• Serve as a liaison and manage outside PR, copywriters and product marketing vendors and consultants.
• Event execution plans for Social Media Prom, Twestival SF, SF Social Media Week, and more.
• Oversight of venue, A/V and other logistical requirements
• Coordination of speakers and entertainment as required
• Coordination of VIP guests and speakers for Blogworld 2011.
Virtual Marketing Assistant / David Bradford
· Scheduled speaking engagements
· Assisted in design and implementation of DavidBradford.com
· Helped acquire domain DavidBradford.com
· Managed contact lists
· Prepared and send out e-mail newsletters
· Set up social media profiles
· Grew Facebook brand page
New Media Manager (contract) / Verbatim Solutions
- Working with senior management and agencies to produce impactful website design and branding
- Use basic HTML, and CSS knowledge to work with outside agency to build custom website, landing pages, and newsletters
- Manage timelines for social media outreach
- Juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Contribute to brainstorm sessions to develop new ideas
- Deliver updated reports of significant activities
- Develop creative strategies for enterprise publishers and brands using Livefyre’s social curation software
- Build relationships with customer community
- Create custom pitch decks for prospective customers
- Secured all branding across major social networks, including all @verbatim brand names.
- Build social media plan
- Update all branding with new logos, look and feel
- Act as a thought leader for the Verbatim Solutions brand by contributing to social communities
PR and Community Outreach Coordinator / Pluralsight
* Successfully launched a Free Developer Training for Kids program, that involved 9 local schools in Utah in collaboration with TeachingKidsProgramming.com
* Reviewed and edited press releases and other press related material.
* Acted as liaison in collaborative PR efforts with outside PR agency.
* Screened and evaluated incoming media and executive speaking requests.
* Aid and assist Marketing, Social Media teams on special projects.
* Gather testimonials for interviews and other marketing related materials.
* Searched for community outreach programs to sponsor.
* Aided social media editor to identify ways to identify with customers and drive awareness.
* Wrote blog posts related to company customer awareness.
* Assisted marketing team on story generation, brainstorming ideas, content execution.
Personal Assistant / Producer / Brian Solis
• Maintain CEOs calendar
• Schedule travel arrangements and itinerary preparation for both domestic and foreign
• Negotiate favorable terms and pricing agreements for speaking engagements and travel accommodations
• Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities
• Manage documents in Google Docs and Microsoft Office
• Dictate, Compose, and distribute correspondence when CEO is traveling
• Provide administrative and business support and support other account executives as needed
• Assist in special event planning for book promotion, and social events
• Work closely with CEO on book promotion and email campaigns through MailChimp
• Create event invites and promotional materials for large events at Blogworld and SXSW
• Travel to events, and locations and act as point person/event planner/host
• Act as CEO’s manager/point person for all media inquiries and interviews
• Book high level CEO’s, Tech Entrepreneurs and Celebrity guests for BrianSolis.TV
• Meet and greet celebrity guests for web show
• Coordinate video grew, makeup artists, for web show
• Responsible for daily mailings of thank you gifts, posters and books
• Provide personal assistance to CEO, such as shopping for gifts, running errands, picking up son from school
• Communicate with online media outlets and editors to publish content in a timely manner and maintain constant blogger relations with popular online news outlets such as Mashable and TechCrunch
• Create invoices and process expense reports
Director of Community HootSuite University / Hootsuite
• Acted as an advocate of the company in the community and as the advocate of the community within the company, engaging in dialogues and answered questions where appropriate
• Identified & engaged advocates within the community
• Proactively escalated issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to management
• Communicated issues, opportunities and insights to the company at large
• Stayed up to date on new social media tools and best practices to ensure they were integrated as appropriate with the internal community systems
• Moderated main forums and oversaw the moderation of group forums
• Liaise with management where required on content related issues
• Worked with the product development team to ensure the community platform (for ex. forums, blogs, moderation tools) were kept up to date and functional, as well as influence the roadmap by collating user feedback
• Helped drive community awareness and education strategy by working collaboratively to develop a comprehensive educational program
• Managed creation and execution of email marketing campaigns
• Oversaw QA and end to end testing for email templates through Mailchimp
• Monitored social media outreach via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more
• Booked webinars for social media training with top social media influencers
Event Manager and Evangalist (contract) / MogoTix
• Social Media Outreach
• Brand evangelist
• On site event hosting and management
• Coordinated with companies to manage their events through ticketing service
Marketing Assistant/Social Media Evangelist / Zannel, Inc.
• Monitor blogs and Twitter
• Outreach for product launches, new stories, and more.
• Organize events
• Find events for CEO and CTO to participate in for speaking/demoing/sponsoring.
• Build strong relationships with bloggers/twitterers/web 2.0 'e-lebirties.'
• Drive brand awareness
• Identify online marketing strategies to drive traffic
Web Content Manager / Constellation Wines US
• Acted as liaison between businesses and corporate communications for purposes of corporate web presence (extranet and intranet)
• Conceptualizing, creating and maintaining the department’s web-based intranet. Partnering with management on projects to improve corporate environment.
• Monitored and identified improvement opportunities on company websites
• Create, edit, send out newsletter in HTML format
• Over looked all digital image files, photo/video library and archived material
• Identified usability design improvement on websites
• Collaborated with other web masters to share best practices, business direction and requirements to help with business needs.
• Software commonly used: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, FrontPage, Adobe Photoshop
• Managed data entry and maintenance in computer records
Merchandiser / Trends International
• In charge of 12 stores in central region of Missouri
• Helping by liaising between Merchandising and the stores to make sure there is constant support in regards to stock replenishment, consolidations and assisting in visual merchandising.
• Placement of retail graphics used in store displays.
• Prepared weekly, monthly reports, master summary and incoming inventory report to be sent to distributor for followup of production
• A source of information for a prompt reply for inquiries through phone or email.
Administrative Assistant / California College of Ayurveda